Job Title: Fiber Network Design Engineer
Listing Created: April 19, 2017
Job Location: Columbus, OH
TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Network Design Engineer in the Columbus, OH area.
Fiber Network Design Engineer Description:
70% - Design formulation
20% - Design review and quality assurance
5% - Local client interface
• Evaluate, document and adhere to Client design requirements
• Support design team in generating detailed network drawings in GIS software while supporting ongoing design conference calls.
• Coordinate with the fielding team on specific site visit schedules and data gathering requirements.
• Create high level preliminary route design and facility specifics to manage fielding request instructions.
• Perform detailed ISP designs specifically adhering to design standards provided.
• Calculate and generate all necessary splicing prints/port assignments and power loss budgets.
• Support the team by participating in the mentoring of other new design team members.
• Perform design within allocated budgets and time frames.
• Provide design lead with updates on progress and roadblocks.
• Advise the Engineering Lead regarding design progress and roadblocks discovered during the design process.
• Participate in developing process improvement concepts.
• Review fielding and client change request to manage the scope of work changes and design criteria.
• Produce change order documentation
• Perform detailed design in GIS based systems.
• Review designs for quality and cost improvements.
• Support design via any jurisdiction permits drawings required.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular updates.
• Help Maintain project records and files, in Documentum and SharePoint.
• Support QC and as built efforts with design changes/updates.
Fiber Network Design Engineer Qualifications:
• Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience, prefer 4+ years relevant field experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Experience in OSP and/or ISP fiber detailed design a plus.
• Experience in interpreting client request and apply design standards to work product.
• Possesses a deep understanding of inside and/or outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure alternatives available.
• Familiar with construction focused on middle mile fiber builds.
• Knowledge/experience with Web Applications and the GIS design domain.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…)
• Must be able to stand, bend, squat, walk, move, lift, carry… equipment (>20lb) for the duration of the work day
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.