Job Title: OSP Estimator
Listing Created: June 9, 2017
Job Location: Dallas, TX
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Estimator in the Dallas, TX area.
The OSP Estimator prepares timely and accurate bid estimates for medium to large size, complex projects/programs within an assigned operating unit. This position plans all projects within expectations for efficient use of personnel, equipment, materials and subcontractors in adherence with contract requirements, time guidelines and other restrictions.
OSP Estimator Description:
• Fully responsible for the preparation of accurate and complete bid estimates, travel to job locations to confirm project site conditions, and lead bid strategy and presentation discussions. Follow awarded contracts to monitor extra work items, procurement of material, credits, etc. Assists field personnel in developing and/or recommending change orders to scope as needed.
• Ensures bid deadlines and customer presentation requirements are met. Proactively identify and suggest solutions for known or anticipated construction problems to minimize cost and reduce risk.
• Provides insight to thought leadership in the continuous improvement of methodology, tools and approaches using fundamentals of the company’s Project Management practices.
• Fully understands major business components and implications relating to estimating and cost control within the assigned Region or Division.
• Ensures compliance with the company’s Project Management Methodology and upholds safety and quality management protocols.
• Individual contributor with responsibilities for providing guidance in larger initiatives and coordinating internal processes. May manage or provide technical guidance and coaching to less experienced personnel.
• Interface with various internal and external stakeholders on planning and scheduling related items and functions including reporting requirements, progress reporting, complaint schedules, etc.
• Communicate with influence to client group and team members; present effectively.
• May be responsible for managing additional resources assigned to an initiative/project, dependent on scope. Includes training, mentoring, and assignment of work.
• Aids in ensuring that team goals, roles, protocols, and business relationships are consistent with high-performance requirements and congruent with the company's strategy. Leads by example in an environment that fosters trust and candor, maintains personal accountability, and communicates assertively and constructively.
OSP Estimator Qualifications:
• BS degree in Project Management, Engineering, or Construction related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years’ experience in estimating mid-scale projects and working knowledge of construction and utility industry practices.
• Experience with computerized bidding software and proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Completion of the company’s PMM training and some formal Project Management coursework.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.