Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Listing Created: June 9, 2017
Job Location: Hartford, CT
TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer in the Hartford, CT area. You will be working on bridges.
Senior Structural Engineer Description:
• Assisting with managing various projects, including assisting with organizing and scheduling of tasks and assignments on projects to ensure project completion on time and within budget
• Providing construction support services for contractors, including the design of erection and demolition operations, crane lifting plans, structural lifting operations, design of temporary supports, and formwork design
• Planning, analysis, and design of bridge projects ranging from culvert designs and bridge rehabilitation projects to bridge design of conventional or innovative bridge types,
• Performing work on bridge and/or other structural inspection and evaluation projects including load ratings for existing bridges;
• Performing structural design calculations, structural modeling, bridge & temporary structure design detailing, overseeing geometric layout, drawings and quantity development;
• Collecting and analyzing data for design preparation and performing estimates, which may include regular project site visits;
• Generating and reviewing engineering reports, construction plans and specifications, correspondence, and documents, establish and maintain project records, and assist in managing the business end of assigned projects;
• Maintaining client relationships to ensure client satisfaction and communicating with all disciplines, agencies, and authorities involved in projects;
• Assisting in achieving marketing and business development goals by assisting with the preparation of cost proposals and participating in meetings and presentations as required;
• Assisting in managing engineering and technical team, including supervising, organizing, and planning the work of staff to ensure appropriate team utilization, mentoring engineering and technical staff, providing technical support as needed, performing QA/QC to ensure quality of team projects, including reviewing team designs and drawings and verifying calculations and cost estimates prepared by the team.
Senior Structural Engineer Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years of related experience, with a minimum of 1 year of bridge design experience; experience with public clientele, such as the DOT, or municipalities, is a plus
• Experience working with contractors in developing construction schemes & constructability requirements is desirable
• Possess and maintain a valid Professional Engineering (PE) License, with the ability to obtain a Connecticut PE license within a reasonable period of time
• BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; MS in Civil Engineering is a plus
• A good handle of the modeling, design, and analysis of structures, and must be detail oriented
• Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and NDS Codes is required
• Knowledge of DOT practices and procedures is preferred
• Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013 or MicroStation required; knowledge of bridge design software is a plus
• Ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing
• Ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors, project teams, and colleagues
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Christine at 306.520.3575.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.