Job Title: Project Manager
Listing Created: June 14, 2017
Job Location: Houston, TX
TelForce Group is looking for a Project Manager in the Houston, TX area. We also need a Project Manager in Chicago, IL & PA.
The Government Relations Project Manager is responsible for project managing the efficient and timely delivery of required Network Real Estate entitlements to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations and objectives. The position carries a high level of responsibility and must adhere to established schedules to facilitate timely delivery of the customer order. The ideal candidate will offer the following abilities and knowledge, as demonstrated in employment history or other experience: Negotiating right-of-way access agreements, experience preparing and submitting permit packages, processing permits by interfacing with local governments, securing requisite entitlements to allow network development, and an understanding of construction plans/drawings.
Project Manager Description:
• Has primary responsibility in all aspects of submitting and acquiring entitlements and agreements needed for installation of the company’s facilities located on poles and other infrastructure within the public right of way and public utility easements.
o Negotiate right-of-way access agreements and similar authorizations as needed in accordance with the company’s standards and parameters.
o Responsible for representation before local agencies and represent the company before jurisdictional planning authorities and city councils.
o Interface with jurisdictional staff on matters related to applicable laws, codes and ordinances and effectively communicate and leverage regulatory status in support of deployment objections.
o Advocate and articulate the company’s regulatory rights and ability place and maintain communication facilities in consultation with counsel.
o Collaborate and coordinate with internal functional groups to resolve issues, to facilitate progress and to achieve milestone targets, with the goal of delivering networks on-time and on-budget.
• Responsible for all the company’s proprietary project tracking including data entry and the integrity of information in system.
• Act as the single point of contact for internal and external customers reliant on specific NRE deliverables in given projects within a district. Attend customer deployment meetings, to resolve conflicts or problems related to NRE deliverables and tasks.
• Drive NRE functions associated with projects; review project reports and identify issues in reporting or task completion; understanding and adherence to NRE cycle times; and providing and achieving project forecasting accuracy.
Project Manager Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of proven experience working for a wireless carrier or wireless services/ site acquisition, external/regulatory/governmental affairs consulting firm, a utility, a jurisdictional, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience required.
• Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities
• Experience working with engineering teams, preparation of permit applications and construction documents and network construction required
• Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable
• Experience deploying distributed network systems within the context of deploying telecommunications networks within the public way preferred.
• Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the federal Telecommunications Act, State statutes and local ordinances governing telecommunications deployed in the public right of way. Public Utility Code, and Public Utilities/Public Service Commission desirable.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Christine at 306.250.3575.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.