Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Listing Created: August 18, 2017
Job Location: San Diego, CA
TelForce Group is looking for an Electrical Engineer in the San Diego, CA area. This is an advanced Electrical Engineering position.
Electrical Engineer Description:
• Work with protection engineers to carry out and review transmission or distribution circuit protection setting applications and modifications
• Work with system protection maintenance on field testing and commissioning
• Conduct general substation protection and communications installation assessments at substation sites targeted for deployment
• Collaborate with IT engineers, relay test personnel, and communications test personnel
• Collaborate and integrate field engineering work with that of other project team contractors
• Review and evaluate protection circuits and equipment
• Conduct telecommunications and teleprotection circuit reviews and surveys
• Assist with development of transition plans from existing state to target installation and operation in collaboration with project team members
• Assist with relay settings access and changes (not including calculation of settings)
• Access relay event and oscillographic records to support testing of relays
Electrical Engineer Qualifications:
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience
• Experienced in transmission line pilot or telecommunications-based protection.
• Familiar with SEL 311L, 351, 321, 411L, 421, 487E, and GE L90 relays, with ability to become familiar with RFL 9300. Other SEL and GE relays may be included in scope.
• Experienced in operation of relay access software including SEL AcSELerator and GE EnerVista.
• Experience with SEL Team data collection automation software is desired, or may be acquired in project work.
• Familiar with application of all commonly-used communications channel and interface types for teleprotection including IEEE C37.94, SEL Mirrored Bits®, binary wired signal connections, TDM SONET/SDH multiplexers and channels, optical fiber paths, and power-line carrier (PLC).
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.