Job Title: ISP Network Engineer
Listing Created: November 13, 2017
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
TelForce Group is looking for an ISP Network Engineer in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
With minimal supervision, support on-going telecommunication services for the company’s client based on specific project needs. Build relationships within the client’s organization, provide technical guidance, survey substations as needed, update technical records, and participate in meetings.
ISP Network Engineer Description:
• Accept overall accountability for all engineering deliverables of the project.
• Complete technical tasks such as: update design drawings, update network schematics, update electronic records using Access database.
• Review engineering work completed by junior staff.
• Enforce telecommunications design compliance with codes, standards and policies as set forth by the client, B&V or other industry governing entities.
• Coordinate with multiple departments and disciplines (project management, substation design, telecom engineering, local contractors, etc.), both internal to the company and within the client’s organization.
• Attend meetings, provide updates within the client’s Southern service territory (Louisiana).
• Seek input from multiple technical disciplines to develop new scopes of work with level-of-effort (labor & material) estimates.
• Travel within the client’s Southern service territory to support the project as required. (Likely less than 20% of working time will require travel.)
• Adhere to safety programs set forth by the company and the client.
ISP Network Engineer Qualifications:
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience
• Knowledge of some combination and varying degree of the following telecommunications disciplines: radio (PTP or PTMP), optical transport, SONET networks, other TDM, and/or Ethernet/IP.
• B.S. in electrical engineering or equivalent years of experience and training.
• 2+ years of experience in telecommunications engineering. Utility telecom experience is preferred.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.