Job Title: OSP Design Engineer
Listing Created: November 29, 2017
Job Location: Kansas City, KS
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Design Engineer in the Kansas City, KS area.
Functions in an engineer or technical specialist capacity under general supervision. Performs all aspects of conventional outside plant (OSP) design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
OSP Design Engineer Description:
Plan Review/production-Site Solutions 70%
Budget Management 10%
Site Walks 20%
Help lead the delivery of our work products and services to our Client’s satisfaction.
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager, and Engineering and Graphics staff in KC in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule, and quality goals.
• Develop good working relationships and communications with the Engineering Manager, Engineering staff, Client representatives, and potential Engineering Vendors.
• Keep the Engineering Manager, Production Engineering Team fully advised as to progress of the market related work and any developments involving change in the scope of the contract work or otherwise which could affect the contract requirements and fee and/or Client relationships.
• Monitor and evaluate quality and progress of local market engineering staff as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
• Gather field data as required to support the design production staff. Utilize all data collection equipment in the manner directed and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Advise Engineering Manage in a timely fashion of equipment deficiencies.
• Interface with jurisdiction officials and apply regulations as required.
• Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones, and provide regular update of such to the Engineering Manager.
• Operate in a safe manner and in accordance with Division safety policies and standards.
• Communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team.
• Maintain project records and files as defined in the Project Execution Manual and as directed by the Engineering Manager.
OSP Design Engineer Qualifications:
• Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience in OSP fiber detailed design, prefer 3+ years of experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
• Experience in interpreting client request and apply design standards to work product.
• Possesses a deep understanding of inside and/or outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure alternatives available.
• FTTH knowledge and/or prior AT&T experience
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
• Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
• Functions as a technical specialist with minimal supervision.
• Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
• Basic knowledge of procurement & contract administration
• Basic knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
• Basic knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.