Job Title: Zoning & Permitting Specialist
Listing Created: November 30, 2017
Job Location: Walnut Creek & Los Angeles, CA
TelForce Group is looking for a Zoning & Permitting Specialist in the Walnut Creek & Los Angeles, CA area. We need 1 person in each location.
Proficient at preparation of candidate information reports related to leasing, permitting and land use viability. Prepares leases or other real estate agreements for complex projects. Directs or supervises outside vendor partners, environmental engineers, architectural & engineering firms, engineers and drafting technicians, title search firms and others to ensure transactions close within defined timeframes. Identify potential risk scenarios. Drafts and proofs recordable transaction documents, leases, easements, etc. for legal department review. Prepares zoning and permitting applications. Monitors progress of the application and facilitates jurisdictional requests for additional information as a result of the application review process. Prepares collocation applications and manages the process through Notice to Proceed (NTP). Negotiates leases and amendments with private landlords. Ensures compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
Zoning & Permitting Specialist Description:
• Serves as Senior Site Acquisition Specialist or Lead for a particular site project (typically complex in scope) including leasing, permitting and land use processing.
• Receives updates from Site Acquisition Specialists and Associates and reports information to Site Acquisition Manager. This may include facilitating deployment meetings.
• Provides weekly status reports to Clients and serves as project lead during weekly client meetings.
• Assists Site Acquisition Manager with training of Site Acquisition Specialists and Associates.
• For new-build projects, responsible for site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through NTP.
• For existing site modification projects, responsible for site acquisition activities from leasing and zoning audit, collocation applications or lease negotiations through NTP.
• Provides candidate-specific recommendations for leasing and land use viability.
• Supervises and directs the work of consultants and subcontractors.
• Supervises activities of team members and other departments, as needed.
• Provides site sketches, as needed.
• Attends field site visits for candidate and engineering viability.
• Reviews title reports for ownership, encumbrances, easements, etc., and provides recommendation for leasing viability.
• Interviews zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines.
• Completes Leasing Audit & Zoning Ordinance Reviews for site modification projects.
• Reviews zoning drawings for compliance with jurisdictional, regulatory and client requirements
• Prepares, submits and obtains jurisdictional entitlements which may include applications and presentations before governmental or architectural review boards.
• Presents at meetings required by the Landlord or Jurisdiction including HOA, design review boards and neighborhood groups.
• Coordinates with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines.
• Coordinate with client and engineering departments to obtain information necessary for entitlement applications (RF Affidavits, propagation maps, photo-simulations, etc…).
• Reviews and approves site specific documents for quality and completeness.
• Reviews work of SAA or SAS prior to submittal for quality and completeness.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
• Verifies and/or obtain Enhanced 911 addressing.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. List supervised positions: Site Acquisition Associate and Specialist (ADM Level 1-3).
Zoning & Permitting Specialist Qualifications:
• Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Requires 5 years telecommunications industry experience.
• Active Real Estate License or Law License may be required in certain regions.
• Paralegal certificate, urban planning or law degree preferred.
• Prefer supervisory experience.
• Real estate or legal negotiation experience strongly desired.
• Demonstrates knowledge of full telecommunications site processes from RF request through on air.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
• Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and technical drawings.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Supports and complies with the Division’s Quality Management System and Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.
• Prefer experience in zoning and permitting for electric vehicle charging stations.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.