Job Title: Network Transport Technician
Listing Created: December 6, 2017
Job Location: Rock Hill, SC
TelForce Group is looking for a Network Transport Technician in the Rock Hill, SC area.
The position of Network Transport Technician II supports the daily testing and activation requirements of all on and off-net customer based services for transport and data services on the company’s extensive fiber optic network and maintains systems and facilities in the assigned areas of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
Network Transport Technician Qualifications:
• 3-5 years direct telecommunications industry or networking experience
• Experience with Nortel, Ciena, X-tera, Fujitsu, Lucent or other DWDM transport equipment.
• Experience with DAC’s, MI3 MUX’s.
• Experience with local/remote physical layer testing standards for DS0’s, DS1’s, DS3’s and optical OC3- OC192.
• Experience with Ethernet 10 Meg, 10 Gig, 100 Gig.
• Experience with an industry standard telecom ticketing system such as Remedy.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio.
• Experience with OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer), Light meters and related equipment.
• Ability to read job descriptions and drawings.
• Read and understand manufacturer documentation to a high level.
• Ability to install hardware, i.e., racks, bays, mount equipment in racks.
• Run, lace, and dress ABAM and DS3 cable. Wire wrap DSX1 or install BNC’s as needed
• Run, lace, and terminate power cable with lugs.
• Terminate power cable into live BDFB or BDFP safely.
• Check power cabling for shorts, reversals, and power up equipment.
• Log into network elements (NE)
• Provision non-default parameters into NE’s.
• Ability to perform preventative maintenance on NE’s.
• Replace circuit packs.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot trouble in NE’s to the card level.
• Perform in-service upgrades to NE’s.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.