Job Title: Customer Support Representative
Listing Created: March 14, 2017
Job Location: Evansville, IN
TelForce Group is looking for a Customer Support Representative (Repair Technician) in a Telecommunications environment in the Evansville, IN area.
The NOC Repair Technician will be part of the company’s Service Desk that provides 24x7x365 monitoring, management, and support of the company’s core & client network(s). The individual must be comfortable working in a fast paced, team environment. Attention to detail and communication is of utmost importance.
Customer Support Representative Description:
• Responsible for surveillance, management, and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure. Receive and resolve customer related service outages and requests.
• Coordinate and/or escalate server, application, and network issues and alarms to appropriate engineering team or carrier.
• Responsible for using management, monitoring and troubleshooting tools and interpreting the results in order to successfully identify, understand and resolve customer, network and server problems and improve performance.
• Manage performance via the call queue and ticketing system that is in use.
• Work directly with customers to resolve technical issues and questions.
• Provide thorough research of customer-facing issues and provide testing report to escalation teams prior to escalation, if warranted.
• Update customers regularly on ongoing trouble tickets and provide full report of issues through the tools currently in use at the company’s.
• Continue to learn and update internal knowledge base of new support solutions.
• Remote accessing network devices for troubleshooting various telecom circuits (T1, E1, DS3, OC3, etc.) and work with second level teams to resolve issues as necessary.
Customer Support Representative Qualifications:
• 1-2 years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies and topologies
• 1-2 years of experience in the fundamentals of TCP/IP and UDP packets types
• Fundamental understanding of SIP and IP Telephony. (Metaswitch experience preferred)
• 1-2 years of experience with Cisco, Juniper and/or Infinera routers/switches/firewalls a plus
• Capable of writing and documenting scripts used to improve performance
• Fundamental understanding of Windows Server operating systems and Desktop applications
• Open to working shift assignments and supporting on-call
• Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly to our customers in regards to issues
• Possess the ability to translate a complex problem into a simpler language for the customer and vice versa
• Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
• Excellent organizational and follow up skills
• Demonstrate a positive attitude
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Christine at 306.520.3575.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.