Job Title: CATV Main Line Technician
Listing Created: April 10, 2017
Job Location: Chester, SC
TelForce Group is looking for a CATV Main Line Technician in the Chester, SC area. This is a permanent, full time job.
Works as part of the mainline team, performing coax builds, routine preventive maintenance and responding to outages. Operates company vehicles and uses various electronic testing devices. Ensures work is in accordance with relevant codes. Will perform activities in the Chester and surrounding areas.
CATV Main Line Technician Duties:
• CATV trunk / distribution cable and active components from the HE to the TAP port.
• Responsible for debugging and repairing escalated faults that result in out of specification tap MER readings.
• CATV Power system maintenance and repair.
• With client’s construction team, splice new builds/extensions of plant including amplifiers, line extenders, taps, etc.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Respond to cable coax and active equipment troubles after hours per Network Outage Response Procedure.
• Sweep and balance CATV systems.
• Notify client operator services and business offices when performing maintenance that may result in degraded customer service.
• Find and repair egress leaks.
• Maintain documentation:
• Perform FCC Proof-of-Performance and maintaining documents.
• Electric readings at key network locations.
• Document sweep and balancing.
• Establish equipment lists and maintenance records.
• If any changes are made to the physical plant, verify (make sure) mapping department knows about changes.
• Optical readings at fiber nodes.
• Identify chronic cable plant issues.
• Work at various heights from ground using poles, ladders and platforms.
• Work on underground and/or aerial lines and terminals.
• Splice Fiber and Copper cables using color-coded cable systems.
• Operate company vehicles, some with trailers attached. May be required to qualify for and maintain a Commercial Driver License (CDL)
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude; show courtesy to all customers and coworkers
• May be required to share pager rotation with Head-end personal
• Maintain Secrecy of Communications.
• Complete duties assigned by Senior Director-Construction Services.
CATV Main Line Technician Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 0-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and pass a criminal background investigation – may be required to qualify for and maintain a Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Christine at 306.520.3575.
© Copyright 2011 Telforce Group. All rights reserved.