Central Office Installer Level 4
TelForce Group is looking for a Central Office Installer Level 4 in the Richmond, VA area. This is a contract position.
Central Office Installer Level 4 Description:
- Executes the essential duties and responsibilities of an Installer IV, plus provides work instruction to Level I, II, and III Installers.
- May serve as Site Crew Leader
- May perform as the installation in-charge person
- Most work is Ciena 6500
- Performs additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits. Work operations/job activities may include:
- Circuit modifications
- Software additions or upgrades
- Power transition work
- Addition or removal of batteries.
- Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources.
- Performs power verification and power up equipment.
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
Central Office Installer Level 4 Qualifications:
- Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school and 6 years of field service, or equivalent as determined by Installation Manager.
- Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer.
- Must have Verizon experience.
- Must have experience with switch offices.
- Must have primary power and secondary power experience.
- Prefer Ciena 6500 installation, Cisco and Juniper experience
- Prefer ARRIS E6000, Cisco ASR 9000 and/or Cisco 9922 experience
- Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
- Successful completion of the Level IV Skill Level test
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training).
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Sound knowledge of the phases of the product installation.
- Experience with tracking and material management.
- Knowledge of Telcordia GR-1275 Core Standards or other applicable standards.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.