Central Office NOC Technician
TelForce Group is looking for a Central Office NOC Technician for the Gallup, NM area.
Must be able to work in Yatahey, NM
Full time, direct position with excellent 401k, PTO, Healthcare benefits
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems related to Central Office technology.
- Install, maintain, and repair all Central Office equipment.
- Configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of access servers, Internet servers including DNS, radius, web, LDAP, e-mail, network monitoring and CMS servers.
- Support Company’s field technicians with installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all Telecom related Services.
- Support Company’s field technicians with carrier equipment, special circuits, data transmissions, and all associated equipment. (T1, T3, OC-x, Ethernet, radio, DACS, DSL, MUX, and IP networking elements;
- In-depth knowledge of the Following Vendors/Products; MetaSwitch, ADTRAN, Fujitsu, Cambium, and other systems installed in production at the Company).
o Strong Emphasis on ADTRAN and ONT/DSL technologies.
- Work with the IT and Outside Plant Departments to resolve outages.
- Read, interpret, & modify wiring and schematic drawings, analogue and digital circuitry.
- Keep detailed plant records for each installed or removed circuit in our Central Office.
- Complete ASR’s, trunk orders, and system diagnostics, as necessary in resolution of customer and Business Office complaints.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, and reports.
- Facilitates Central Office and NOC system installations, updates and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots system-related problems and issues and works with vendors, team members and customers to resolve technical issues within the network.
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college - an Associate’s Degree preferred.
- COMP TIA NT+ or similar knowledge level.
- At least 5 years’ experience with advanced software-based digital switch equipment.
- At least 5 years’ experience with telecommunications’ Outside Plant equipment and digital radio systems.
- Working knowledge and ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair T1, T3, OCx, Ethernet, radio, DACS, DSL, MUX, and IP networking elements.
- Working knowledge of and an ability to operate MetaSwitch, ADRTAN, Fujitsu, Cambium, and ONT systems installed in production at the Company.
- Experienced with all MS Windows-based software, including MS Office, MS Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Competency with creating and editing spread sheets and computer drawings.
- Competency and understanding of 48 volt power plants.
- Working knowledge of current IT/telecommunications’ technologies including, but not limited, to WAN, LAN, Soft Switch, Ethernet, TCP/IP, routers, and switches.
- Strong knowledge of xDSL technologies including bonding and configuration.
- Ability to utilize appropriate test equipment, T-Berd, Acterna, OTDR Firebird, volt meter, tone generator, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and modify wiring and schematic drawings, analog and digital circuitry.
- Ability to keep detailed technical records of all circuitry in the Central Office.
- Knowledge of Method of Procedure (MOP) and plant records system.
- Ability to work with best practices and appropriate safety measures, as defined by Company’s Health and Safety Manual and by OSHA.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Standard color code, cable management, grounding, power practices, ESD safety, and battery plant safety.
- Ability to work well with other employees and be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both in the written and spoken word.
- Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with customers and employees.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, to think analytically and be a problem solver at times under duress of an outage or system failure.
- Ability to work accurately under the stress of time constraints and deadlines.
- Obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record, and be insurable under the Company insurance policy.
- Ability and a willingness to train and share information and skills with other members of the IT/CO team.
- Ability to stoop, bend down, walk on uneven terrain, lift or carry 35 lbs., and periodically move equipment up to 100 lbs. Ability to work, occasionally, in extreme temperatures up to +100 degrees F, and be required to work at heights up to 75 feet.
- Must be willing to work off-shift on occasion as demanded by the needs of the Company.
- Must be willing to cover on-call rotation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.