Chief Telecom Economist
TelForce Group is looking for a Chief Telecom Economist in the British Virgin Islands.
To ensure that the company is provided with appropriate economic advice and analysis to support its activities; lead and implements projects to economic regulation, in particular analysis of markets as well as design and implementation of appropriate remedies to identified market failures.
Chief Telecom Economist Description:
- Providing strategic leadership and advice on economics and economic analysis in implementation of the functions of the company
- Leading and implementing projects related to economic regulation, economic analysis and policy
- Analyzing markets and designing appropriate regulatory remedies
- Ensuring appropriate implementation of regulatory remedies of economic nature
- Performing benchmarking of prices and/or other outcomes of regulatory/market environment
- Conducting studies necessary to calculate a cost of capital and/or other elements of costs of services and facilities
- Providing economic input into the resolution of inter-operator disputes and, where necessary, investigation of consumer complaints
- Conducting investigations into allegedly anti-competitive behavior
- Developing a framework for economic (market) analysis
- Developing a framework (including guidelines and standards) with regard to regulatory issues related to competition and other aspects of economic regulation
- Providing economic input into the design and implementation of the procedures for allocation of scarce resources (including competitive and/or comparative selection procedures)
Chief Telecom Economist Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Economics, and preferably Ph.D. degree in Economics or closely related subject is required
- At least 5 years of experience in Regulatory Economics in the field of Telecommunications
- Expected to supplement formal degree-based education with continuous learning and/or knowledge sharing
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.