DC Power Construction Estimator
TelForce Group is looking for a DC Power Construction Estimator in the Northeast area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Provides bid/proposal estimating for the Critical Facilities Power and Construction business. This position will work within operations finalizing workscopes, gathering bid cost data, assembling the final bid, and work with sales in support of the client. Support as required on project proposals in a timely manner and in accordance with policies, systems and procedures; projects range from fully defined (conventional “Bid-Build” Projects) to conceptual (alternative procurement such as “Design-Build” Projects).
DC Power Construction Estimator Description:
- Work efficiently with corporate customers to perform site surveys, create field sketches & notes of work required & transfer to SOW (scope of work) and scaled plans for bid documents
- Perform efficient take-offs from bid documents, project prints and plans - for accurate project cost estimates
- Win new business by responsively supporting sales, cultivating customer relationships, identifying project/work opportunities, and delivering consistent quality and value
- Advise and assist in preparing negotiated proposals
- Advise and assist in recognizing risk on projects being bid
- Review and coordinate final pricing methodology
- Assist in receiving and evaluating subcontractor and major material quotations prior to bid day
- Work as lead estimator on individual projects including takeoffs, sub solicitations, pricing, bid summaries, GC’s and final bid day preparations
- Work with Service Operations to prepare cost budgets
- Perform value engineering for successful bids, as required by owner
- Develop and maintain Sub/Vendor database working with procurement
- Work with operations to estimate the type and amount of materials necessary to deliver the contract against the specifications
- Work with project manager and engineering operations team to help measure the timescales of a project
- Establish the likely progress and completion schedule
- Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a tender price
- Develop and maintain cost history on different types of projects
DC Power Construction Estimator Qualifications:
- AC and DC electrical powering/grounding, and building construction estimating
- Knowledge of building codes, electrical, plumbing and mechanical
- Expertise in one or more areas of heavy civil construction such as structures, earthwork, utilities, etc.
- Knowledge of most functions of and a broad work experience in Visio, Access, and Outlook
- Proficiency in ConEst and Auto Cad
- Commercial, government, and/or military estimating experience preferred
- Engineering and project management experience preferred
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.