DSL Installation Technician
TelForce Group is looking for a DSL Installation Technician in the Chester, SC area.
Installs and repairs telecommunications (twisted pair) cable and fiber optics.
DSL Installation Technician Description:
- Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing telephone or fiber cables, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
- Splices cables, measures signal strength using electronic equipment.
- Connects twisted pair Digital Loop Carrier channels to Telephone Distribution cable at the field cross connect or remote office.
- Find and fix twisted pair problems when troubleshooting or installing.
- Inspect or test lines or cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of tools or test equipment.
- Determines necessary repairs which may include replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
- May be required to perform duties after normal business hours.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
DSL Installation Technician Qualifications:· 5+ years of telephone system experience.
· Proficient at installing ADTRAN TA5000 equipment.
· Must be able to install, cable and terminate to connecting blocks.
· Ability to test and turn up.
· Ability to perform all installation activities for the assigned project (power, grounding, labeling, running and forming cables and fibers, installation of equipment, cross-connects).
· Ability to operate and understand all telecom tools to complete projects.
· Understand and follow a Method of Procedure (MOP)>
· Assist in the migration of Legacy equipment to ADTRAN TA5000.
· Expertise in wiring infrastructure, sets and troubleshooting of dialtone/T1 problems to the demark.
· Familiar with installation and maintenance of telephony equipment, cabling and related documentation.
· Knowledge of color codes.
· Experience with outside plant or premise wiring installations.
· Knowledge of cut sheets, job drawings, sketches, prints and other project documentation.
· Working knowledge of test equipment (butt set, volt meters).
· Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing telephone, or fiber cables, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
· Connects twisted pair Digital Loop Carrier channels to Telephone Distribution cable at the field cross connect or remote office.
· Find and fix twisted pair problems, when troubleshooting or installing.
· Inspect or test lines or cables to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults.
· Responsible for proper maintenance of tools or test equipment. · Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed. · Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
· Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
· Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
· Knowledge of local exchange distribution network facilities.
· Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
· Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.