TelForce Group is looking for an I&R Technician in the Nolensville, TN area.
This position is responsible for the installation and repair of communications lines and services for residential and business telephone, high-speed internet, and Digital TV customers while providing a superior level of customer service and commitment to safety. Other duties include troubleshooting service lines and wireless CPE, responding to customer complaints and requests, and operating company equipment.
I&R Technician Description:
- Perform and complete installations, troubleshooting, and repair for connects, upgrades, and relocates for telephone, high-speed internet, and Digital TV customers.
- Plan and complete installs for new services and equipment for customers by installing copper and fiber drops, network interface devices, ground wires, in-home wiring, station protectors, jacks, modems and wireless routers, and set-top boxes in accordance with company standards.
- Recognize and inspect existing ground wiring or make new ground according to Company policy in order to protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or damage.
- Recognize and understand how to configure customer's equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/wireless router and set-up IPTV service, including connecting standard consumer electronic devices (DVD, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, telephone hand-sets, etc.).
- Understand, maintain and repair existing equipment by using test sets to locate line or equipment trouble and determine necessary repairs.
- Repair, replace, and splice aerial and under-ground cable (copper and fiber) to restore services to system specifications.
- Complete and maintain records as required, including completion of all required information on work orders to ensure details of work are recorded for entry into the customer’s account.
- Clean, maintain, and organize stock for company vehicles and prepare equipment to safely perform required duties and reflect the highest brand standards.
- Provide a high level of customer service, educate customers on the use of products and services, and recommend products and services to meet customer needs.
I&R Technician Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Experience in specialized technical courses or equivalent work experience a plus.
- Any certifications a plus (Lineman training certificate or CompTIA A+ or Network+).
- 2-5 years of experience with basic telecom and CATV installations and maintenance.
- PC Skills – requires a basic understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, and email, along with the ability to review and clear assignments and work orders.
- Ability to touch-type at 35+ WPM a plus.
- Ability to operate motorized work equipment and service equipment, including personal computers, phone systems, software applications (including email clients and web browsers), hand tools, electric tools, and test sets.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and consumer electronics.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.