TelForce Group is looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Kansas City, MO area. This is a contract position.
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
Mechanical Engineer Description:
- Design and Construction Activities
- Project Delivery Methods - Traditional Design-Bid-Build and Alternative Delivery/Design Build
- Facility Types - Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations, Solids Handling, Hydraulic Structures
Systems – HVAC, Plumbing, Chlorine Scrubbers, Dehumidification and Odor Control
- Type of Areas - Administrative, Laboratory, Chemical Storage & Handling, Ozone, Filter Galleries, Pump Areas, Solids Handling, Headworks, UV Disinfection, Membrane, Engine Generator, Blowers/Air Compressors, Clarifiers, Digester Equipment
- Energy Audit/Efficiency - Engineering studies, system performance reviews, and energy compliance calculations
- Code Review/Application - Facility review for code compliance
- Sustainable Design/LEED - Application of sustainable strategies
Mechanical Engineer Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes
- ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards
- SMACNA Standards
- NFPA 820
- Trane Trace 700 / Elite Software CHVAC Commercial HVAC Loads
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and the following applicable design guides and standards related to HVAC, plumbing, chlorine scrubber, dehumidification and odor control system design.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sunandha at 615.915.3119.