Network Operations Technician
TelForce Group is looking for a Network Operations Technician for the Charlotte, NC area.
- The Network Operations Technician works within a larger team of individuals to provide operational support to WAN, Central Office, Video Head End, Cell Towers and remote cabinet networks.
- This team is responsible for voice, video and data services to include equipment installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Individual will technically coordinate migration of Metro Ethernet customers to the new network platform.
- Become the subject matter expert on all business Metro NID and customer premise equipment (CPE).
- Contribute to technical design/decision efforts of the Network Operations and Design and Planning teams.
- Become one of the final escalation points for technical matters related to business customer premise equipment (CPE) for Operations.
- Individual must be willing to learn creativity, foresight, and network engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, requirements, and developing standards and guides for diverse network design and planning activities.
- Assist Sales Engineering/Operations with gathering complex customer network requirements to be used in creating highly reliable and scalable networking designs.
- Produce detailed low-level design documents such as Visio diagrams, Engineering definition documents, platform deployment guides, service deployment guides, implementation plans, IP spreadsheets.
- Configure, test, and stage networking equipment in a lab environment such as Cisco and Adtran routers/switches, and Telco Metro Ethernet equipment.
- This team member will report to the Director – Network Operations.
- 5+ years in working with vendors in testing and configurations
- Experience with JDSU RFC testing
- 5+ years of progressive experience in networking
- Including VoIP, VPN's, service provider routing and layer 1-7 switching
- 5+ years in service provider network design and implementation
- Have experience with BGP, OSPF and MPLS design
- CCNA, Technology Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Cisco experience
- Adtran/Netvanta experience
- Residential/business customer premise equipment (CPE) experience
Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.