TelForce Group is looking for an Optical Engineer to work remote. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Looking for an Optical Engineer that will provide high level support (Tier 2.0/2.5) to our customers working in and/or with our Technical Assistance Center (TAC). In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to recover and restore the customer networks. You will troubleshoot different nodes and solutions in live customer networks, and the focus will be on transport networks deployed with Fujitsu and/or Ciena products. You will need to be flexible and master more than one area of transmission networks.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work & collaborate, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers. The role often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
Optical Engineer Description:
- Customer Issue handling
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management
- Installation and integration
- Available 7/24 (on a per need basis)
- Interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization
Optical Engineer Qualifications:
- Transport Network Hierarchy
- Fujitsu Optical products Ex. FW 40X0, FW 4100 , FW 4300, FW 4500, FW 7500, FLM 150, FLM 600, FLM 2400, FW 4100 ES+, FW 7120+, FW 9500+ , Finisar Raman
- Netsmart 1500 Hardware and Application (for Fujitsu optical)
- Ciena products Ex. 5410 ,5430, CPL, OME6130, OME6150, OME6500
- Optical Network interfaces
- Remote troubleshooting and recovery
- Fiber Multi Point Optical Connector/Multi Terminal Unit
- Working knowledge of SONET ring, DWDM and WDM fiber systems
- Troubleshooting skills to support all transmission levels, DS1 – OC192 including Ethernet
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.