OSP Design Lead
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Design Lead in the following markets: Tampa, FL, Orlando, FL, Columbus, OH, Denver, CO & Colorado Springs, CO. We need one person per market.
The OSP Design Lead will be responsible for quality inspections of the design placement of fiber optics cable, conduit, grounding and bonding inspections, project requirements, hand hole, pedestal and aerial terminal placement, project standards, and cable routing. Will work with subcontractor, client, and project team management to insure the quality of design. May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output. Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role.
OSP Design Lead Description:
- Attend Client Kick-Off meetings and follow up calls.
- Review preliminary client route design and determine schedule/manage fielding.
- Oversee and perform OSP/ISP fiber designs including - fiber allocations and route assessment; fiber cable placement on poles and in splice points; and placement of ONU’s conduit, pedestals and splices.
- Create all necessary splicing prints and allocation assignments.
- Assure designs meet client design guidelines.
- Provide design guidance and direct to team.
- Capable using 3-GIS and other design support tools.
- Develop cost estimate models within excel analytically from preliminary design data.
- Consult with and advise the Engineering Manager and design staff regarding any questions raised in connection with the work.
- Understand project milestones. Monitor status of milestones and provide regular update of such to the project team.
- Design formulation/Design Quality Audit.
- Staff training, assignment and scheduling.
- Design review and quality assurance.
- Local client interface.
OSP Design Lead Qualifications:
- 5+ years related work experience with OSP Fiber Design and/or Construction.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities. Industry recognized credentials preferred as needed.
- A deep understanding outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction focused on OSP fiber design.
- Experienced in OSP design of fiber optic facilities, in aerial, underground, and buried applications.
- Experience in managing design teams and field technician’s a plus.
- Experience interpreting client request and auditing projects for compliance with scopes of work and quality.
- Knowledge/experience with project management tools.
- Design experience with MicroStation, Arc GIS, 3-GIS or other design software.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills. Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
- Excellent communications skills, strong organizational skills, a high level of integrity, a strong team player, and attention to details are all critical traits of successful Engineers.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.