TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineer in the Austin, TX area. The work is in a small town outside of Austin. This is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Plans and prepares drawings for construction of new and removal or rearrangement of existing aerial and underground lines, cables and conduits. Analyzes traffic loads, available and existing lines, and forecasts or estimates projected traffic to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required Selects routing of lines and determines equipment requirements. Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor and material costs. May supervise inspection of work orders and contract construction.
OSP Engineer Description:
- Plans and prepares drawings and staking sheets for new construction, removal or rearrangement of existing aerial or underground lines, cable and conduits.
- Ensures compliance with RUS and industry specifications by staking all lines to be built.
- Organizes and files necessary paperwork and staking sheets.
- Analyzes traffic loads and forecasts projected traffic to determine required construction engineering projects.
- Selects routing of lines and determines equipment requirements as appropriate.
- Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor and material costs.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and up-to-date facility maps using GIS Mapping system.
- Promotes a positive and professional image of the company to customers, co-workers, contractors, Management and others.
- May supervise inspection of work orders and oversee contract construction by negotiating contracts and verifying tabulation of contractor staking sheets.
- Maintains a current and valid driver’s license to perform the duties of this position.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Management.
OSP Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience plus five to seven years of telephone engineering experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction and engineering practices and principles.
- Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects.
- Knowledge of right-of-way easements, procedures and policies.
- Knowledge and experience in telephone engineering including, but not limited to, the design of buried and aerial twisted pair cable, fiber optic, and coaxial cable is essential.
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
- Skill in problem identification and resolution.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including work orders, staking sheets, schematics and specification manuals.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.