OSP Engineering Manager
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Engineering Manager in the Orlando, FL area.
This position will be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of outside and inside plant (ISP/OSP) projects for fiber, copper, coax, structured cabling, terminations, associated equipment and testing. The OSP Engineering Manager will be responsible for client interface, feasibility studies, design, CADD, cost estimates, project documentation and justifications, preparation of project plans and schedules, management and coordination of internal and external resources to ensure client satisfaction, compliance with specifications, budgets, schedule and strategic objectives. This position will also assist in preparation and execution of our customer’s long-range network deployment strategies, business development and project bids.
OSP Engineering Manager Description:
- Serve as subject matter expert in areas requiring advanced fiber optic plant design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Assess and develop project requirements.
- Prepare project plans, as-builts and splicing diagrams, schedules, engineering releases and budgets for projects.
- Prepare project projections, progress reports and other supporting documentation.
- Conduct and/or coordinate field inspections.
- Verify and approve contractors’ invoices and request for progress payments.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and preservation of all project documentation.
- Provide inputs to capital and operating budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain awareness of industry issues, best practices and innovations for ISP/OSP disciplines.
- Maintain, coordinate and monitor ongoing contacts with municipalities and contractors to ensure timely awareness of planned construction projects affecting ISP/OS projects.
- Conduct ongoing research to ensure awareness and knowledge of all fiber optic projects within the company’s operating region.
- Manage, coach and develop internal human resources under supervision.
- Set-up projects in company’s systems.
OSP Engineering Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in OSP/ISP design, planning and implementation in the telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge of OSP/ISP plant principles, including knowledge of aerial and underground cable construction, cable and duct types, cable splicing, testing and maintenance principles.
- Solid understanding of designing in public ROW and private property and facilities.
- Ability to manage CADD operations through utilization of base maps.
- Experience with budget creation and management.
- Ability too schedule and complete resources allocations for projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good understanding of contracts and risk mitigation.
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet customers’ needs and ensure quality field engineering.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.