OSP Field Supervisor
TelForce Group is looking an OSP Field Supervisor in the Nashville, TN area. We are also looking for an OSP Project Manager.
The OSP Field Supervisor will plan and oversee field labor activities in all phases of construction. Primary responsibilities include determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment needs, and work schedule. It is their responsibility to make sure that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and in a way that is safe and follows federal, state and local agency regulatory requirements.
OSP Field Supervisor Description:
- Interprets architectural, engineering, utility right-of-way and grid maps, underground utility records, and railroad validation maps and drawings, and makes recommendations for placing system running lines and/or equipment.
- Understands, participates in and directs the permitting and construction processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract.
- Provides guidance and proper instructions to project personnel for planning, scheduling, and close out of projects.
- Ensures documentation is properly prepared for subsequent turnover to the owner.
- Actively participates in scheduling and project status meetings while updating project tracking sheets daily.
- Using company accounting techniques, maintains supervision over requisitioning of permanent materials and subcontracting for labor in order to remain within budget constraints, as well as accounting for own and subcontractor’s work at any phase of construction or installation.
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the organization and directs the execution of all aspects of permitting, construction, and final acceptance with those in mind.
- Represents the company in pre-bid, pre-construction and subcontractor negotiations, and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts.
- Generate bids, drawings, schedules and any additional cost estimates.
- Serves as liaison between project personnel and customer for technical support and Engineering Change Proposals.
- Review and interpret proposal drawings and specifications
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of materials to job site
- Lead and direct daily activities of Operators and Laborers
- Supervise inspections of projects
- Investigate complaints and take appropriate action to correct deficiencies
- Help resolve contract disputes and arrange any necessary order changes
- Work with contractors to complete project within the given budget and timeframe
- Assist with Estimating
- May operate various equipment as needed (i.e. trencher, bore machine, backhoe, jackhammer, etc)
- Communicate with customers, vendors, employees, and public agencies
- Assigned company vehicle and drives to remote job sites daily.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OSP Field Supervisor Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in project supervision or Bachelor's degree in construction management or engineering
- Prefer a Certified OSHA Competent Person, trench and excavation, confined space, OSHA 10-hour, Sexual Harassment for Supervisors and Reasonable Suspicion of drugs/alcohol
- Experience must include field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility.
- Ability to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities concurrently
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Good understanding of OSHA requirements and a priority for safety
- Human Relations
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer proficiency with Google, Excel and Word
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Teddy at 615.915.3119.