OSP Permitting Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Permitting Engineer in the Dallas, TX area.
Functions in an engineering capacity. Under supervision of Lead Engineer, works with team of engineers and technicians to produce fiber permit drawings using knowledge and application of jurisdictional requirements and basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
OSP Permitting Engineer Description:
- Review jurisdiction requirements supplied by multiple jurisdictions
- Create processes and checklist to be used for permit package creation and submission
- Direct internal team of engineers and technicians in permit drawing creation
- Review and update permit status GIS and client trackers, as required
- Work in conjunction with internal OSP team to submit permit packages to associated jurisdiction for review and approval
- Track jurisdiction comments and work with jurisdiction and client to resolve issues
- Communicate to internal team on quality issues as commented by jurisdiction and client
- Track production run rates for use with staffing levels
OSP Permitting Engineer Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- 2+ years of related work experience in creation, submittal, and tracking of engineering drawings for site permitting and construction.
- OSP (Outside Plant) Fiber experience
- Experience with GIS systems
- Experience with producing and reviewing construction drawing and traffic control drawing deliverables
- Experience forecasting/scheduling deliverable due dates based on a prioritized permit list
- Experience interacting with multiple jurisdictions including city, county, DOT, Railroads, and Army Corps of Engineers
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 615.915.3119.