RF Electrical Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for an RF Electrical Engineer in the Kansas City, KS area.
Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
RF Electrical Engineer Description:
- Supervise on-site engineering and/or design staff on several medium to large projects.
- Responsible for specifying equipment, creating design drawings and layouts, and identifying appropriate frequency bands.
- Lead project meetings and make presentations.
- Routinely interact with clients to identify needs and requirements.
- Research existing client conditions and make recommendations to enhance large, complex telecommunication networks, owned and operated by private entities such as water and power utilities, educational institutions, and public safety agencies.
- Presenting complex technical data to audiences with non-technical backgrounds.
- Maintain records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the client's schedule, accuracy of the budget, and adherence to procurement specifications.
- Keep informed of new communication methods and developments that affect the industry and recommend new practices or changes in programs or applications.
- Represent the organization and maintain connections within the industry and related organizations.
RF Electrical Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- 10+ years related work experience.
- PE License required.
- Extensive experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics.
- Advanced knowledge of RF planning process and use of propagation tools in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint design of highly reliable radio.
- Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design, including: optimal site selection, link budget analysis, and RF sweep evaluation.
- Excellent supervisory, budgeting and delegation skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with selection of AC and DC power solutions: UPSs, battery and rectifier equipment, protection equipment (fuses, circuit breakers, low-voltage disconnect).
- Able to create and edit design and construction specifications.
- Experience preparing cost, schedule, and resource estimates and writing responses to RFP's.
- Familiar with multiple LMR system architectures, dispatching considerations, antenna and feedline selection, coverage test methods.
- Experience in designing or supporting a Utility Company’s telecommunication systems.
- Familiar with lightning protection and EMI prevention: Bonding, grounding, design and installation of GPR and surge protection equipment
- Microwave Experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures.
- Working knowledge of Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN) and VoIP networks.
- Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, or other Carrier class networks.
- Installation and troubleshooting any or all of the above in the field.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.