Site Acquisition Project Manager
TelForce Group is looking for a Site Acquisition Project Manager in the Birmingham, AL area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
The Site Acquisition Project Manager is responsible for identifying, surveying, and leasing, wireless telecommunications sites. Ensure the timely acquisition of signed leases in the quantity and at the rate required by the client contract. Proven experience leading projects to acquire sites in a short time frame; can manage several site acquisition service requirements; good communication skills and can present data and forecasts accurately to clients; demonstrated leasing experience with cellular sites for major operators; zoning and planning experience; building permit process experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Site Acquisition Project Manager Description:
- Manage Site Acquisition team of 8-10 employees.
- Direct and oversee land / building acquisitions, leasing and site locations required for telecommunications installations.
- Oversee market real estate acquisition operations, ensure that assignment and scheduling of work follows timeline, evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- May serve as a point of contact for the community and/or government agencies. May be involved in managing zoning regulations.
- Preparation of Landlord and tower company applications
- Oversee in the completion of Zoning and Permit applications for submittal to jurisdictions and coordinate the zoning process with outside counsel and vendors
- Work directly with Site Acquisition Specialists and assist in all aspects of project
- Quality control, data entry and tracking of Site Candidate Packages, Lease Agreements, and other Site Acquisition documentation
- Manage the Coordination, scheduling and tracking of site visits and technical team visits with various departments
- Coordinate, order and track title, environmental reports, regulatory reports, lease exhibits and plans
- Obtain Landlord approval on Construction Drawings and zoning/permit applications
- Prepare and update site status reports/databases, site close-out packages, and attend client meetings as required
- Utilize and maintain CPM Tracker, Excel and client proprietary project tracking software programs as required to ensure up-to-date and accurate client and internal reporting.
- Support site development projects through direct work on leasing, zoning, and permitting; moving projects continually forward and meeting established milestone deadlines.
- Visit potential sites, review for feasibility, and obtain/review relevant documents and information, including title reports, encumbrances, easements, zoning, parcel maps, deeds, photographs, etc. about selected sites. Prepare client documentation relative to site candidates.
- Conduct site visits and take photographs
- Negotiate leases according to client guidelines with landowners and property managers and prepare all lease documents and packages. Resolve lease issues.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, including ordering and scheduling third party services as required.
- Prepare zoning applications
- Collaborate with AE firms to ensure jurisdictional drawings are prepared to specifications, work with jurisdictions to provide required information.
- Provide written and oral reports and presentation to public officials and community groups, as needed, coordinate/facilitate the community meetings when required.
- Identify new revenue streams through understanding of clients’ needs.
- Maintain frequent and personal contact with clients to build strong relationships.
- Communicate status, updates, and expectations to all project stakeholders.
- Organize and prioritize work flow.
- Learn and stay current with technological aspects of industry
Site Acquisition Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of experience in the site acquisition management experience in the wireless communications industry.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in wireless telecommunications, or other demonstrated project coordination experience.
- Knowledge of site acquisition processes, leasing, and zoning terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer/reporting skills, including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel and other database/project management tracking tools.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and work effectively with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work under aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to produce consistent effective results
- Adaptable team-oriented individual with exceptional intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to produce results within a tight timeframe, while continuing to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Ability to travel as required, estimated 15% of overnight travel throughout Southeast Telecom Markets.
- Capable of researching and understanding legal and jurisdictional requirements and information.
- Real Estate license preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient working knowledge of the MS Office Suite and demonstrated ability to learn other software as necessary.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 314.706.2640.