Senior Transportation Traffic Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Transportation Traffic Engineer.
This is a Direct Hire, Full Time position located in Alpharetta, GA
Pay is Salary depending on experience
Call Bobby for pay and travel details
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people.
We are seeking a highly motivated Traffic Engineer to perform traffic engineering and transportation planning studies. The individual must be fluent in applying traffic engineering and transportation principals to traffic operations, access management and safety studies. Experience with GDOT policies, processes and staff is essential for success in this position.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate transportation engineering work, including traffic impact analyses, traffic forecasting studies, roundabout feasibility studies, parking studies, signal timing studies, access management studies, intersection safety analyses, operational studies, and corridor studies.
- Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for major projects. Produce engineering drawings based on applicable traffic industry calculations. Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings. Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Prepare information (i.e., project fact sheets, PowerPoint slides, etc.) to explain projects clearly to stakeholders and the public.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel in a team.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants, and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Prepare project scope, schedules and budget. Assist in the management of projects.
- S. in Civil or Transportation Engineering. M.S. in Transportation Engineering preferred. At least 5 years’ experience in traffic engineering and/or traffic planning projects. Georgia DOT experience is strongly desired.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure is required.
- Experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating and conducting transportation and traffic engineering work. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail and commitment to rigorous quality control approach to engineering solutions.
- Ability to research and learn innovative solutions and best practices in the industry.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet objectives and performance expectations of position.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and also serve as a team member in project groups. Strong communication (written and oral) skills. Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Adept in explanation, persuasion, and negotiation of critical issues. Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge and skill in Synchro, Excel, and MicroStation is a must. Knowledge of HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM, ArcGIS, CUBE and TransCAD is desired.
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO, GDOT’s Policies and Procedures including the GDOT Design Policy Manual or similar document.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Bobby@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 404-219-4346.