Hydraulics Transportation Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Hydraulics Transportation Engineer.
This is a Direct Hire, Full Time position located in Alpharetta, GA.
Pay is Salary depending on experience.
Call Phillis for travel and pay info, 321-438-7799.
- The individual will provide technical support to Georgia’s Transportation Group to assist in the performance of roadway and bridge hydraulic design services for a variety of municipal and state clients.
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on the hydraulic design elements of civil transportation projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design.
- The individual will be responsible for roadway hydraulic design, including hydrology, channels, culverts, energy dissipators, MS4, storm drainage systems and storage facilities for drainage areas of less than 1000 acres.
- For drainage areas of greater than 1000 acres, the individual will evaluate bridge design alternatives considering stream stability, backwater, flow distribution, stream velocities, scour potential, flood hazards, tidal dynamics and consistency with established National Flood Insurance Program criteria.
- Coordinate hydraulic efforts with the assigned roadway design and/or structures team(s) to ensure completeness and accuracy of the overall project design effort
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, specializing in Hydrology and Hydraulics.
- Minimum of 6 years of bridge and roadway hydraulic design experience is required, however a minimum of 10 years of related experience is preferred. The applicant should have a professional engineering license in Georgia or the ability to obtain GA PE quickly through reciprocity.
- Experience managing clients and projects.
- Experience with drainage design applications such as HY-8 Culvert Hydraulic Analysis Program, FHWA Hydraulic Toolbox, HEC-RAS, PondPack, StormCAD, StreamStats, HEC-HMS, WMS, and SMS.
- Experience with complex floodplain (two-dimensional flow) modeling applications such as SRH-2D or FLO-2D.
- Microstation experience would be desirable.
- Familiarity with the following publications:
- FHWA Hydraulic Design of Highway Culverts, (HDS-5);
- FHWA River Engineering for Highway Encroachments, Highways in the River Environment, (HDS-6);
- FHWA Hydraulic Design of Safe Bridges, (HDS-7);
- FHWA Design of Riprap Revetment, (HEC-11);
- FHWA Hydraulic Design of Energy Dissipators for Culverts and Channels, (HEC-14);
- FHWA Design of Roadside Channels with Flexible Linings, (HEC-15);
- FHWA Evaluating Scour at Bridges, (HEC-18);
- FHWA Stream Stability at Highway Structures, (HEC-20);
- FHWA Design of Bridge Deck Drainage, (HEC-21)
- FHWA Urban Drainage Design Manual, (HEC-22);
- FHWA Bridge Scour and Stream Instability Countermeasures, (HEC-23);
- FHWA Assessing Stream Channel Stability at Bridges in Physiographic Regions, (HRT-05-072);
- AASHTO Drainage Manual; and
- FEMA “No-Rise/No-Impact” certification requirements.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to Phillis@telforcegroup.com . In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 321-438-7799.