TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Splicer in Denver, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Upper Peninsula & Southeast MI. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Fiber Splicer Description:
- Responsible for the terminating, splicing, documenting and testing of all fiber optic lines within the customer’s network.
- Responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding and grounding.
- Perform ring cuts on live fiber without affecting existing services.
- Perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
- Terminate, splice, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to division standards.
- Provide accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
- Perform installation of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
- Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment.
- Install enclosures and other telecom equipment.
- Must have experience with the following equipment: fusion splicer, mechanical splicer, OTDR, power meters, traffic identifiers, digital multi-meters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, toners, duct rodders, ladders, bucket trucks, etc.
- Perform as the subject-matter expert when assigned to a project.
- Quality control of work completed.
- Be involved in pre-construction meetings with potential sub-contractors.
- Manage the scope of work among sub-contractors and in-house crews.
- Review and submit weekly report of scope completed in company’s software.
Fiber Splicer Qualifications:
- Modern Splicing Techniques for the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of aerial and underground construction
- Ability to read fiber design maps
- Ability to travel/live on site of project
- Ability to supervise and oversee sub-crews
- Quality Control
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Vic at 404.353.0701.