Senior Safety & Health Specialist
TelForce Group is looking for a Senior Safety and Health Specialist in the Cheyenne, WY area. This is a contract-to-hire position. Per diem is available.
This is a mid-level Health & Safety Specialist project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company's Safety and Health Procedures. The professional will need to be on site located in Cheyenne, WY and has a scheduled duration of about four (4) months. Must be local or willing to be on site in Cheyenne for the duration of the project. Per Diem is available. This position performs medium to high complexity tasks and may act as supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
Senior Safety and Health Specialist Description:
- Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program
- Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs
- Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections
- Manages project security contracts, programs and procedures
- Performs record keeping/filing functions
- Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations
- Writers detailed injury/illness reports
- Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents
- Interfaces with clients and government officials
- Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration
- Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures
- May act as on-site first aid medical provider
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
- Develops and implements safety and industrial hygiene and consulting plans and studies
- Analyzes data generated by Safety and Health studies and complies reports including findings and recommendations including administrative, emergency and PPE controls.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Senior Safety and Health Specialist Qualifications:
- 2+ years in construction environment
- 4+ years of safety and health experience
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures
- Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
- Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
- Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
- Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
- Highly preferred certifications: First Aid, CPT, Drug testing certified, OSHA 500/501, Safety & Health Program Administration and/or OSHA 10
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.