TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber/Coax Splicer in the Northern GA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Fiber/Coax Splicer Description:
- Splices fiber, coax, and copper cables.
- Cuts in terminals for new construction.
- Maintains and repairs new cable plant- copper, coax, and fiber optic cables.
- Maintains cable system by testing to locate trouble, opening cable to repair or replace defective sections, and closing and sealing cable.
- Identifies, counts, and prepares groups of pairs for splicing.
- Adds new lines of service as directed by subscriber.
- Splices cable to protector devices and central office main distribution frame and splices customer drop cable to the central office cable system.
- Maintains cables by ensuring that all splice closures and termination points are airtight and free of moisture.
- Mounts demarcation devices and protectors at customer premises and attaches individual house or service cable pair of central office feeder cable.
- Transfers customers’ service from one cable and/or terminal to another by reworking cut sheets and assigning counts.
- Places direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging and trenching equipment.
- Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing cable.
- Performs related construction tasks as required.
- Maintains right-of-ways by trimming trees, patching roadways and backfill areas and landscaping.
- Applies herbicides around pedestals, poles and carrier sites.
- Repairs and maintains aerial cable.
- Installs and maintains pedestals, poles, carrier sites and equipment at subscriber locations.
- Operates digging and trenching equipment as needed.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude; show courtesy to all customers and coworkers
- Maintain Secrecy of Communications.
- Complete duties assigned by Vice President of Construction Services.
- Operate company vehicles, some with trailers attached.
- Will be required to participate in on call rotation
Fiber/Coax Splicer Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required to qualify for and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and medical certification as required by DOT.
- Must be able to meet 30-minute response time for emergencies; will participate in on call rotation.
- Job may require some travel and overnight stays in South Carolina.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jaimi at 202.656.6480.