Fiber Technician & CAT6 Cable Technician
TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Technician to travel around the following markets: Memphis, TN, Fort Wayne, IN, Cincinnati, OH & Louisville, KY. These is a contract-to-hire position. We are also looking for CAT6 Cable Technicians.
Fiber Technician Description:
- Install fiber drops to existing apartment buildings
- Install pedestals in an OSP environment
- Install, terminate and pull CAT 6 and Fiber Optic cabling in interior and OSP environments
- Install drops to apartment buildings- interior/exterior
- Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, 66 Blocks, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware)
- Route cables
- Tests, adjusts and troubleshoots equipment
- Provide appropriate customer service when responding to a customer request or fulfilling project requirements
- Connects wires and cables to terminals, and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles
- Analyze and troubleshoots technical problems or issues
Fiber Technician Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience installing structured cable and performing terminations and punch down work
- Ability to pull fiber, splice, hang conduit, put jacks on walls, test, etc.
- Excellent people skills, communication skills, and self-management skills
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 75 pounds
- Must have all basic hand tools
- Must be willing to travel
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Colby at 615.915.3119.