Vice President of Engineering & Technology
TelForce Group is looking for a Vice President of Engineering & Technology in the Houston, TX area. The office is in a small town about 45 minutes South of Houston. Positions travels up to 25% around the area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Responsibilities include the planning and maintaining the Telecommunications network equipment and overseeing of engineering projects. The role will be to lead a dynamic, multi-state team, of Engineering and IT professionals. Primary duties will include administering and monitoring all SONET equipment, Class 5 switching, routers, firewalls, switches, servers, and company applications. Develops and recommends strategies for delivering leading-edge services and applications to a wide range of subscribers. Enforces security procedures, implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards, serves as a liaison between Company and subscribers and provides technical support to affiliate and subsidiary operations.
Vice President of Engineering & Technology Description:
- Oversees/Preforms primary network configuration on network hardware and software
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other Network and Field Engineers
- Ensures Cybersecurity best practices.
- Design and Configuration of knowledge of telecommunications voice and broadband networks driving network designs and configuration implementations.
- Linux Administrator or Certified Linux Engineer with experience with open source systems including CentOS7, CentOS6, and Ubuntu.
- Identify and resolve problems encountered by company-wide users of various desktop systems, Company network Internet and other computer technology; troubleshoot and solve LAN problems.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions. Obtains quotes for new hardware for projects and upgrades.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by creating an annual IT budget. Works with general managers to develop a capital budget and assists in monitoring the approved budget to ensure compliance.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and Management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- 24/7/365 On Call required
Vice President of Engineering & Technology Qualifications:
- 10+ Years of Network Support Experience
- Leadership experience
- CCNP/CCIE Preferred
- DNS and DHCP administration
- LAN protocols (HSRP, Spanning Tree Protocol and /or VLan trunking)
- Experience with TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, BGP and/or IS-IS.
- Knowledge of telephony equipment such as Calix, Genband, and Taqua is STRONGLY preferred.
- Knowledge of Unified Communications systems and protocols, specifically BroadSoft BroadWorks.
- Knowledge of Network Management tools (Solarwinds, Splunk)
- Experience working for an ISP or Telecomm company is a plus.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.