TelForce Group is looking for a Network Engineer in the Albuquerque, NM area. This is a Direct Hire position.
This position reports to the Cisco Network Engineer III and is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair Layer 2 and Layer 3 network. This position works with and supports NOC technicians with the maintenance and troubleshooting of the Adtran Network in addition to Juniper, Ciena and Cisco equipment. The Network Engineer also provides systems support to ensure integrity of company operating systems and software. Facilitates operating and software system installations, updates, and upgrades. Troubleshoots system-related problems and issues and works with vendors to resolve technical issues within the network. Installs, configures, and utilizes Software support tools to generate various reports for inner departmental use as well as upper management.
Network Engineer Description:
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems related to the Sacred Wind Network.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all L2/L3 Network Equipment.
- Configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of access servers, routers, and Internet servers including DNS, radius, web, LDAP, e-mail, network monitoring, and print servers.
- Support Company’s field and NOC technicians with installation and maintenance of Sacred Wind equipment.
- Work with the IT and Outside Plant Departments to resolve outages.
- Read, interpret, and modify wiring and schematic drawings, analogue and digital circuitry.
- Keep detailed plant records for each installed or removed circuit in our Network.
- Complete ASR’s, trunk orders, and system diagnostics, as necessary in resolution of customer and Business Office complaints.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, and reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function, or as assigned.
- Installs, configures and utilizes Software support tools to generate various reports for inner departmental use as well as upper management.
- Provides systems support to ensure integrity of company operating systems and software.
- Facilitates operating and software system installations, updates and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots system-related problems and issues and works with vendors to resolve technical issues within the network.
Network Engineer Qualifications:
- Some college - an Associate’s Degree preferred.
- CCNA preferred or working toward certification or the Juniper Equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience with advanced software-based digital switch equipment.
- 10+ years of experience in associated transmission peripheral equipment.
- 10+ years of experience with telecommunications’ OSP and Radio Systems
- Working knowledge and ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair T1, T3, OC-x, Ethernet, radio, DACS, DSL, MUX, and IP networking elements.
- Working knowledge of and an ability to operate Juniper, Cisco, Ciena, and Adtran systems installed in production at the Company.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix/OSL systems.
- Competency with creating and editing spread sheets and computer drawings.
- Competency with and understanding of 48-volt power plant.
- Working knowledge of current IT/telecommunications’ technologies including, but not limited, to WAN, LAN, Soft Switch, Ethernet, TCP/IP, routers, and switches.
- Ability to utilize appropriate test equipment, T-Berd, Acterna, Firebird, volt meter, tone generator, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and modify wiring and schematic drawings, analog and digital circuitry.
- Ability to keep detailed technical records of all circuitry in the Central Office.
- Knowledge of Method of Procedure (MOP) and plant records system.
- Ability to work with best practices and appropriate safety measures, as defined by Company’s Health and Safety Manual and by OSHA.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Standard color code, cable management, grounding, power practices, ESD safety, and battery plant safety.
- Ability to work, occasionally, in extreme temperatures up to +100 degrees F, and be required to work at heights up to 75 feet.
- Must be willing to work off-shift on occasion
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.