OSP Construction Project Accountant
TelForce Group is looking for an OSP Construction Project Accountant in the St. Louis, MO area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Seeking a Project Accountant to provide high level accounting support and analytics to the Senior Project Accounting and our internal operations teams. support the day to day project accounting functions, reporting to the Senior Project Accounting. The ideal candidate will come from a public accounting background with strong analytics and reporting skills, as well as, a high performer with an all-in attitude.
OSP Construction Project Accountant Description:
- Provides timely reports showing actual and projected project financials of varying contract type, size, and scope. Identifies issues within the operating businesses’ and offers improvements in overall financial results
- Reviews the divisions financial results with Senior Project Accountant; provides trends, and ratios and reports on financial stability, liquidity, and growth
- Assists in analyzing the financial impact of operational business decisions and issues affecting the company; provides suggestions when requested
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of monthly JCR, forecasts, budgets, and WIP schedules with internal operational groups
- Ability to read, review, and understand construction contract language to identify potential change orders and provide accurate revenue recognition
- Ability to provide high level excel reports, including but not limited to, pivot tables, vlookups, and IFS, etc.
- Supports billing team by providing backup to high volume billing needs and complex situations
- Assist in weekly review of AR customer balances, report findings to Senior Project Accountant
- Oversees inventory levels in relations to actual monthly construction production in support of monthly WIP reporting
- Ability to support a fast paced, demanding work schedule; schedule could include; early mornings, evenings, weekends, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested
OSP Construction Project Accountant Qualifications:
- 5+ years of private accounting experience required
- 2+ years of public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Construction accounting experience strongly preferred
- BS in Accounting Degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Advanced in Excel required)
- Basic knowledge of ERP Accounting system and PM software (Sage 300 a plus)
- Presentation skills: ability to speak in front of a wide variety of audience
- Strategic, innovative and forward thinking
- Ability to be organized, problem solve and be solution oriented
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.787.7383.