Engineering Manager, Renewable Energy
TelForce Group is looking for an Engineering Manager, Renewable Energy in the Rochester, NY area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for comprehensive management and oversight of design engineering support for the Avangrid project as a technical specialist in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. Will provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating and presenting specialist/technical output.
Engineering Manager, Renewable Energy Description:
- Oversee the wide range of activities required for quality engineering of several types of engineering design.
- Responsible for both the technical guidance and meeting project goals related to schedule and cost.
- Will provide organizational functions to include team training, mentoring, staffing and oversight of personnel issues.
- Will remain current on industry trends and ongoing client specification changes to provide the team with guidance on developing technologies and project changes related to engineering design.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage the following types of engineering design: RF, network, civil, ISP/OSP, utility automation, power/grounding, cybersecurity, and physical security.
- Responsible for day to day management and oversight of the project design team’s production while performing a wide range of administrative support activities.
- 50% - Staff training, assignment and scheduling; 40% - Design review and quality assurance; 10% - Client interface
- Attend Client meetings and follow up calls.
- Remain abreast of engineering design advancements.
- Assure Safe working environment and safety standards are compliant.
- Oversee training and supporting design standards development.
- Assure designs meet client design guidelines and the company’s quality standards.
- Foster a mentoring and teaming environment.
- Manage Forecast design allocated hourly budgets and time frames.
- Provide design guidance and direction to team as needed.
- Work with construction, cost estimating and project managers to respond to client proposals and change request. Provide executive briefings thereon.
- Work with Project Managers to understand and meet client expectations. Verify that the Client’s concerns are addressed.
- Oversee and manage engineering project schedules, budget and overall cost.
- Monitor status of various section milestones and provide regular updates to management.
- Cross coordinate projects to assimilate team and drive efficiencies.
- Inspire team to generate process and cost improvements.
- Provide managerial insight into special projects needs such as to new construction methodology and other aspects.
Engineering Manager, Renewable Energy Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- 11+ years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Matt at 615.915.3119.