Position Summary: Fully qualified representative capable of performing as a project liaison between the owner, the contractor, and other governing authorities with little supervision. Fully knowledgeable of contract standards, plans and specifications; capable of interpreting project plans; direct client contact; and can supervise other inspectors. Demonstrate familiarity with various common job site conditions, problems encountered on the project, and proper procedures for rectification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage on-site construction observation and acceptance testing for the project to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Ensure project engineering or construction activities comply with the contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including interpretation of design, and resolution of onsite conflicts.
- Must be and effective leader and be able to manage and direct other members of the engineering team to accomplish the project in a timely manner.
- Interface all on-site entities as required to resolve problems, ensure compliance of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Draft and summarize field notes in an organized and acceptable manner and provide competent engineering and technical assistance to the Project Manager.
- Administer some portions of the contract including preparing change orders, approving invoices for payment, and authorizing delivery and possession and control of constructed plant to the owner, etc.
- Prepare progress reports and document project activities and data on behalf of the owner.
- Complete weekly time sheets in conjunction with weekly expense reports and mileage reports.
- Examine workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standards.
Education and Experience: Minimum of technical school training with courses in the related field and a minimum of 3 years of previous experience is helpful but not required.
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of telecommunications and other utility infrastructure
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of applicable laws, legal codes, government regulations, or agency rules.
- Physics — Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Coordinate project activities with contractors and client representatives. May supervise other less tenured Finley Associates.
Licenses, Certifications, Training Requirements:
A valid motor vehicle driver’s license in good standing required. No DUI/DWI convictions within the previous 7 years.
Physical, Mental and Visual Demands:
Flow of work involves normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination much of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to get in and out of a vehicle; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steep banks; cross fences; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to walk an average of three miles per day and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Exposed to extreme weather conditions, including: hot and cold temperatures, rain, snow, dust, and wind. Most assignments are performed at a job site and may include some physical labor and environmental distractions such as changes in climate and topography. Physical hazards may be present. May also work in an office type environment on occasion, or as required.
Pay Range: $25-$27
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.