TelForce Group is looking for an Accounting Associate in the Chester, SC area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Performs clerical duties in support of an accounting function. Maintains ledgers and financial records in accordance with established procedures. Typical duties include reconciling bank accounts and cash accounts, posting entries to specified accounts, calculating various taxes and preparing journal entries. Checks transactions to eliminate discrepancies.
Accounting Associate Description:
- Update cash balances
- Write up deposits for Misc. Cash received
- Enter the deposits to Misc. Cash by date
- Update Work Order file with new Work Orders at least weekly
- File copies of invoices received from Accounts Payable
- Check new Work Orders to verify G.L. Account has been added and is correct as well as all other information
- Assist Accounts Payable as needed
- Assist with daily A/R reconciliations as needed
- Calculate current sub counts for Cable form.
- Process cable invoices from updated sub count reports; quarterly cable reports
- Complete ADSL reports and journal entries (1st of month)
- Balance Cash to A/R Reconciliations (1st/15th)
- Complete NISC online report from broadband information Billing per Cycle (1, 3, 7, 15 and 21)
- Complete Toll Reports per Cycle
- Set up and wire Diversified Check Solutions invoice
- State Sales Tax (after books are closed)
- Operating Leases (after books are closed)
- CLDS Expense by Jurisdiction (after books are closed)
- Statement of Income Eliminations (after books are closed)
- Continuing Property Records – Other (After books are closed)
- Intercompany Billing (911, Wireless 911, Voice Mail, Internet, Telecom Relay for South Carolina and Georgia) (after 21st billing/complete before closing month)
- CABS AR Roll Over (as needed)
- Work Order Completions/Closures
- Process Facilities Settlements check from clients
Accounting Associate Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Accounting degree a plus
- Knowledge of company and general office policies and procedures
- Must be able to work accurately and rapidly with various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, scanner, fax and telephone system
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Ability to work remote efficiently and effectively
- Quiet and professional remote office space is required
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner. Must be able to explain situations to customers without either giving or taking offense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, often with frequent interruptions
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Bobby at 404.219.4346.