Central Office Installer
TelForce Group is looking for a Central Office Installer Level 4 in the Philadelphia or eastern PA area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
This is a position with strong experience in the telecommunications industry. Under liberal supervision, the Installer IV performs a wide variety of field activities associated with installing, maintaining, and servicing telecommunications equipment in the field. Typically handles moderately complex products and/or problems, and may provide guidance to lower level installers.
Central Office Installer Description:
- Executes the essential duties and responsibilities of an Installer III, plus
- Provides work instruction to Level I, II, and III Installers
- May serve as Site Crew Leader
- May perform as the installation in-charge person
- Performs additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits. Work operations/job activities may include- Circuit modifications, software additions or upgrades, power transition work and addition/removal of batteries
- Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources.
- Performs power verification and power up equipment.
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
Central Office Installer Qualifications:
- Electronics training equivalent to 2+ years of technical trade school AND 6+ years of field service
- Must have 3+ years of experience as Level 3 Installer
- Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3 or 4) being worked on
- Successful completion of the Level 4 skill level test
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Sound knowledge of the phases of the product installation
- Knowledge of Telcordia GR-1275 Core Standards or other applicable standards
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.