Civil Field Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Civil Field Engineer in the Chicago, IL area. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Civil Field Engineer Description:
- Responsible for providing subcontractors/craft with information and direction, as outlined within contract specifications, to allow work to proceed as scheduled
- Has authority to interpret technical requirements and provides solutions in conjunction
- Provides technical direction/interpretation of design drawings and specification requirements as well as general guidance to subcontractors on overall design
- May sign off on field designs or re-designs performed in the field
- Reviews, maintains records, and responds to Contractor Information Requests (CIR)s Administers assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with contract documents
- Monitors construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule
- Prepares and issues extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs) with the approval of the
- Project Field Manager Coordinates with Field Subcontract Administrator as needed
- Maintains a daily log for site record purposes
- Directs and/or performs quantity take-offs as required to support construction planning and invoice approval
- Reviews all subcontractor progress payment requests for acceptance
- Monitors technical service representative (supplier) daily logs and reviews/approves their timesheets
- Compiles and maintains Conformed to Construction Records drawing and list markups as assigned, or directs field engineering staff in this regard
- Establishes site document control activities for design documents
- Assists Field Quality Assurance Manager in performing inspections and verification of tests
- May provide supervision, training, development and performance management of direct reports
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as appropriate for level of duties and accountabilities
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
- List supervised positions and count
Civil Field Engineer Qualifications:
- 6+ years construction management experience in similar facility construction
- PE required or degree + 4 years design experience and 6+ years construction experience.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from either an ABET accredited program.
- Knowledge of cost control, scheduling, engineering drawings and other documents
- Advanced Ability to set-up and perform project controls functions on smaller, less complex projects
- Basic Ability to do material takeoffs and field estimates
- Advanced Communication skills
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jessie at 615.915.3119.