TelForce Group is looking for a Civil Foreman in the Nashville, TN area. This is contract-to-hire position.
This position reports to a Construction Manager or Construction Supervisor, and is responsible for the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations. These projects typically involve construction services related to wireless telecommunication systems. This will include generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, etc.
Civil Foreman Description:
- Supervise, Lead, and Assist with all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation, ATS/MTS/Camlock installation. Work must be completed in a safe, professional manner.
Perform daily on-site Safety and Quality inspections.
- Document all work each day with photos and explanation. Proper closeouts must be supplied for all jobs before they can be signed off as complete.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings with all crew members
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Construction Manager
- Plans and organizes tasks in order to meet task deadlines and meet or exceed estimated labor production units and related cost.
- Contact NOC and Tower/Land owners before entering/leaving any site. Must fill out all log entries.
- Safely uses and instructs proper use of all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
Schedules timely inspections to meet assigned project deadlines.
- Responsible for planning the work and schedule of construction teams.
- Coordinates job progress with other trades, contractors, owners, etc.
- Reports all phases of construction progress back to the Construction Manager.
- Accurately oversees time reporting and proper coding of time sheets for entire construction team.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Civil Foreman Qualifications:
- Tower/Civil Crew Foreman experience required
- CDL/Operators License Preferred - Ability to operate 18ton or larger boom truck
- Experience with Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or preform cast installations
- Electrical background a huge plus – comfortable working on DC/AC installations – MTS/ATS/Radio work
- High School/GED Required
- Demonstrated experience in construction trades a plus
- Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour, Rigging
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products required
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies preferred
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications preferred
- Advanced troubleshooting experience preferred
- Excel, Word and Outlook Microsoft experience preferred
- Good communication skills, both oral and written preferred
- Ability to act without direct supervision preferred
- Ability to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information
- Travel up to 100%, Able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Matt at 615.915.3119.