TelForce Group is looking for Coax Splicers in the Williamsport, PA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Coax Fiber Splicer is responsible for splicing new build and/or upgrade coaxial cable plant. This position requires frequent travel in which the employee would be away from home.
Coax Splicer Description:
- Place and install coaxial cable
- Install passive/active devices, pedestals, vaults or coax splice cases
- Splice active and passive CATV equipment
- Rough balance and troubleshoot coaxial cable plant
- Read blueprints, CATV design maps and basic electronic designs
- Operate aerial lift and other related equipment to perform job functions
- Frequently communicate with management on workload status
- May occasionally perform routine construction work such as pulling rope/cables, climbing ladders, using hand tools, digging with a shovel, etc.
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (ie timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Responsible for assigned company vehicle, tools, materials and equipment
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Coax Splicer Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience splicing aerial and underground coaxial cable
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a bucket truck at heights in excess of 30-40 ft.
- Proficiency using related splicing equipment
- Experience reading system design maps, fiber schematics, blueprints and basic electronic designs
- Have a general understanding of RF and Fiber-Optic technologies
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be detailed oriented
- Must be able to occasionally move materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Jaimi at 615.915.3119.