TelForce Group is looking for a Construction Manager with an Electrician license in the Schaumburg, IL area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Responsibilities as a Construction Manager, you will manage daily operations of self-performing installation staff, subcontractors, and superintendents while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. You will be responsible for overseeing the project staff and subcontractors through infrastructure design, procurement, build, and testing of all the affected communication networks associated with the project being managed.
Construction Manager Description:
- Serving as jobsite representative for the carrier
- Assisting in the identification and qualification of the various sub-contractor required for the project, including all site and building trades
- Providing coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project, including schedule and cost management
- Developing initial project specific cost estimates and taking lead responsibility with the budgetary management of the various cost components of the project
- Monitoring and ensuring schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Working closely with the contractor, architect, civil engineer, and associated consultants in developing site-specific value engineering options for the work
- Reviewing change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier's interests
- Reviewing and approving contractor payment requests
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier documenting and taking action on items in the carrier's interests
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the carrier's liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City's permitting and inspection requirements
- Reviewing tenant leases and requirements as it pertains to the carrier's obligations, ensuring the carrier meets the requirements while controlling project cost
- Coordinating with tenant's design and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the owner's development of tenant's documents
- Serving as an information resource by coordinating tenant's work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list and close-out.
Construction Manager Qualifications:
- Must have a City of Chicago Electricians License
- Related bachelor's degree, preferably in Construction Management
- 3+ years of directly related leadership experience with construction background general contractor experience
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings maps
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to email@example.com. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.