Level 4 DC Power Installer
TelForce Group is looking for Level 4 DC Power Installers in OH, MO, KS & WI. These are contract-to-hire positions.
The DC Power Technician Lead leads and performs work associated with the addition and/or removal of communications power equipment (rectifiers, batteries, cabinets). Run, lace and terminate power, ground cable, and alarm connections as well as construction of infrastructure related to DC power systems. This role assists with project coordination while interfacing with customers and field representatives to monitor all installation requirements.
Level 4 DC Power Installer Description:
- Lead and install DC Power installations (Charger, UPS, and Battery) being performed by Telecom personnel according to customer and manufacturer specifications.
- Lead and install DC power plant upgrades and replacements related to primary and secondary distribution equipment including PBD’s, BDFB’s, BDCBB’s, inverters &converters.
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and install battery plants (24VDC, 48VDC, 130VDC and UPS).
- Assure work standards while installing ironwork and cable rack with knowledge of zone 4 environment requirements.
- Lead teams running, lacing, and crimping lugs for power cable and all other duties associated with the installation and maintenance of DC power.
- Troubleshoot, test and inspect all types of DC (Charger, UPS, and Battery) systems.
- Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines for scheduled maintenance.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules and product specifications.
- Assure work standards by training, coaching and developing personnel to increase morale and maintain a safe, healthy and productive work environment.
- Coordinate man-power requirements by increasing or decreasing personnel and overtime to meet changing conditions.
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Perform activities of personnel supervised.
- Interpret company policies to personnel and enforce safety regulations in adherence to OSHA safety standards.
Level 4 DC Power Installer Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in electrical field or engineering preferred or military equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on UPS and DC battery services installing -48V and +24V standalone power systems
- Work experience in ISO/TL 9000 certified operations
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application on client engagements
- Experience leading teams installing, replacing and maintaining battery plants (VRLA, Wet Cells, NiCADs & alternative battery systems)
- Experience with BDFB/BDCBB installations and Battery growth installs
- Ability to lead a team’s daily operations without direct supervision
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines
- Ability to suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Ability to evaluate site conditions to include environmental temperature and general operating conditions without supervision
- Ability to recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Solid foundation of OHM’s law and electronic theory
- Thorough working knowledge of equipment used in the maintenance and testing of batteries and UPS systems, including but not limited to cellcorder, MK4,digital/mechanical hydrometers, DVM and accessories, DLRO, load test equipment and O-Scopes
- Excellent working knowledge of electricity UPS theory and the electro-chemical theory of batteries
- Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand. Shift work required on demand
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
- Ability to work with and around electrical wires and components and/or ESD products
- Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.