Director, Information Systems
TelForce Group is looking for a Director, Information Systems in Richmond, VA.
The Director of Information Systems will oversee staff, projects, operating and capital budgets, Information Systems strategic plans, negotiate and manage IS vendor contracts, lead a support help desk for company employees, and represent Information Systems to Senior Leadership.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Prepares annual goal and objectives, develops operating ad IS capital budgets, and maintains the long-range IS roadmap.
- Analyzes the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Implements organizational value creation processes.
- Plans and manages projects and reports progress to Senior Leadership.
- Oversees deployment and implementation of hardware, software, and systems.
- Works with vendors and stakeholders to facilitate effective implementations.
- Implements ongoing monitoring protocols to ensure data integrity is preserved in a rapidly growing business environment.
- Manages help desk support, process documentation, and training for company users.
- Creates and updates Information Systems related policies, procedures & guidelines.
- Leads and manages Information Systems (IS) department.
- Creates activities for team building, conducts team meetings, conducts employee evaluations, develops staff performance.
- Oversees vendor management of outsourced systems.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions and invoices.
- Oversees creation and testing of Information Systems disaster recovery plan.
- Keeps up to date with regulatory changes affecting Information Technology.
- Functions as company Security Officer and is responsible for annual Information Systems Security Audit.
- Completes IS portion of General Controls Audit.
- Leads and communicates organizational information to department.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years working in IT/Information Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used PC software and hardware.
- Know how application software is affected by the operating environment.
- Know how software and hardware interact, and how PCs interact with the network.
- Knowledge of server hardware and operating systems; Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Protection, and Microsoft Dynamics
- General networking knowledge.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal relationships and customer service, assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands, working under pressure and managing time.
Characteristics of a great team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with the company.
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
The Director, Information Systems will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. The headquarters are located in the James Center in the heart of downtown with easy access to I-95 and the Downtown Expressway. Travel to regional office locations will be at the CFO’s discretion.
All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Director, Information Systems will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
The company offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, along other benefits.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.