Directors of Network Engineering
These are Direct Hire Positions
Work is in VA
$125k-$150k base salary
TelForce Group is looking for a network engineering leader who will be responsible for oversight, leadership and management of the design and engineering of our fiber based GPON/XGSPON service delivery and access networks. Your primary duties will include oversight for the engineering, design, implementation planning, construction, test and turnup and certification of fiber-based gigabit optical network equipment and networks. Including hardware, network element software, and some other related systems. Supporting recovery operations as necessary. Providing guidance as required trouble shooting, repairing and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of carrier transport, network infrastructure, network hardware and design. You will also need to be able to support implementation, administration and troubleshooting of network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Leading a team of network engineering professionals. Assisting and overseeing the design and development of a multistate regional consumer ISP with the mission of delivering broadband internet to the most rural regional communities.
- Working alongside leadership peers to drive an aggressive design, development and construction plan. Working to find consensus on solutions that drive the overall project to plan.
- Collaborating and negotiating with key vendor partners on technology solutions.
- Maintaining and administering service delivery networks and related environments that may include systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Working with backhaul carriers and service providers to create backhaul networks as well and paths for network resilience and redundancy.
- Along with Network Operations Center teams, monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Coordinating network access and use.
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, element management and other operating system software.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, electrical engineering, computer engineering or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and transport layers.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions. Emotional and intellectual agility, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong cross functional collaboration with technical operations leadership peers.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design, planning and implementation of network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Network security experience.
Characteristics of a great TelForce team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
The Network Engineer will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. The headquarters are located in the James Center in the heart of downtown with easy access to I-95 and the Downtown Expressway. All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Network Engineer will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 615.915.3119.