Director, OSP Engineering & Construction
TelForce Group is looking for a Director, OSP Engineering & Construction. This position is remote within VA, MD, WV, PA or DE areas.
The Director, OSP Engineering & Construction is responsible for the overall engineering and construction of fiber, coax, and copper networks. Primary responsibilities include providing leadership and coordination for network design, capacity planning, improving network reliability through the use of performance metrics, adhering to guidelines for timely delivery of network designs, communicating effectively with employees from a diverse background in order to achieve results, implementing changes to improve business results, and managing capital and operating budgets.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, guide, and lead a team of approximately 80 employees supporting outside plant engineering and construction initiatives for Client’s Wireline and Cable networks.
- Design fiber, coax, and copper outside plant networks and ensure that designs and deployments are in accordance with company policy and industry standards (includes cable HFC, telephone/DSL, FTTH, fiber access networks, and fiber backbone networks).
- Maintain up-to-date outside plant records including pole attachments and associated costs.
- Monitor fiber and copper capacity and plan for augments as needed.
- Coordinate outside plant engineering activities with other utilities, municipalities, or property owners.
- Lead all construction efforts for fiber, coax, and copper networks within client’s network.
- Observe, promote, and audit company safety procedures and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines at all times.
- Budget and track costs for outside plant projects through the work order process.
- Serve as an escalation point for outside plant issues that cannot be resolved within the Operations department.
- Solicit regular feedback from Operations and Sales/Marketing to determine how network designs can be modified to improve operational efficiency or customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates and holds employees accountable for stewardship of the brand to include embodiment of the client’s way by ensuring appropriate use of the brand (name, logo, company, appearance, and attitude) within their respective team and organization.
- Observes all company safety procedures at all times.
- Demonstrates and holds employees accountable for stewardship of the brand to include embodiment of the Client’s way by ensuring appropriate use of the brand (name, logo, company, appearance, and attitude) within their respective team and organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of OSP technologies and industry trends, which may improve operations or offer opportunities for new services, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Attend appropriate industry conferences, training, and seminars.
- Prepare or assist in preparing technical white papers, specifications, training documents, or technical presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training initiatives as required for new technologies, processes, and company procedures that affect service delivery groups.
- Qualification Requirements:
- Education: BS degree in a relevant engineering or technology field is required. Other candidates with a strong technical background and substantial industry or military experience will be considered.
- Experience Level:
- 15 or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry is required
- 10 or more years of experience managing engineering, operations, or technical teams
- Special Requirements:
- Budgeting and financial analysis
- Fiber engineering and construction background
- Strong project management experience
- Special Requirements:
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of:
- Utility construction and utility project management
- Outside plant fiber, coax, and copper design and construction techniques
- Pole attachment agreements, easements, right-of-way policies and procedures
- CAD-based (or similar) mapping systems, Mapcom M4 experience preferred
- Access technologies (FTTH, HFC, DSL, Ethernet)
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
The company reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description does not constitute any written or implied contract of employment.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 251-404-4609.