Electrical Substation Engineer
TelForce Group is looking for a Substation Electrical Engineer to work remote. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Substation Electrical Engineer Description:
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Prepare one-lines, connection diagrams, panel elevations and protection & control schematics for power substation equipment.
- Prepare auxiliary power equipment sizing calculations.
- Design wiring diagrams for protective relaying panels.
- Perform complex engineering calculations/studies related to substation projects such as: lightning protection, conduit fill, AC/DC station service loading, surge arrester sizing and voltage drop.
- Create RTU control, status and analog point lists, raceway/cable schedules along with maintenance/signage and nameplates
- Prepare equipment arrangement, grounding, foundation and conduit plans for high voltage substations
- Review shop drawings, vendor quotes and perform bid evaluations.
- Develop construction release documents.
- Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Actively coordinate with others on the team
- Delegate and supervise the work of younger engineers
- Communicate with upper management and provide status updates on engineering design activities.
Substation Electrical Engineer Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Electrical Engineer with Substation Design experience
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Sonia at 269.330.0661.