Perform fiber optic splicing, testing, analysis and general on new and active fiber optic networks. Engage in network planning and fiber splicing scheduling and closeout activities. Assist with additional fiber network construction activities prior to splicing and closeout activities commence.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Read and interpret work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and / or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of task
- Perform loose tube and ribbon splicing in accordance with industry standards (TIA/RUS) and customer specifications
- Conduct splice testing using power meters, OTDRs and other industry standard equipment
- Knowledge and ability to construct industry standard splice enclosures including grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and proper sealing
- Comfortable entering, maintaining and exiting splice enclosures safely
- Comfortable entering manholes and aerial locations to retrieve splice enclosures where required
- Comfortable splicing in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Ensure all splicing work meets customer specifications
- Close out work orders by completing production sheets, verifying installed dimensions and completing close-out checklists and other customer required document deliverables
- Ensure that all work performed considers the safety of all relevant parties, and
- Perform physical construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground where required.
What We Offer You:
- Experience with fusion splicers
- Preferred experience of constructing splicers and using all types of cable
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs
- Require passing a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug tests
- Be able to work out of state for extended periods of time
- Great attention to safety
- Willing to travel
What is Required?
- Knowledge of fiber splicing
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting, kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- High school Diploma or equivalent
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured and the ability to travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications and driver licenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format is required to be considered with 2 references name, telephone and email. All candidates will receive a call back based on your skills set that matches the job opening. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our data base for consumption. Call 770-597-5866.