TelForce Group is looking for Fiber Splicers in the Williamsport, PA area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
A Fiber Splicer will perform cable splicing in the air, underground, indoors and outdoors. In addition, this position requires frequent travel in which the employee would be away from home. This position requires overnight work during consumer non-peak usage hours (Midnight to 7am) along with shared weekend on-call status for emergency restoration.
Fiber Splicer Description:
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain fiber optic system
- Prep and hang fiber optic enclosures, nodes and related equipment
- Route, splice and/or terminate fiber in equipment racks at central offices, hub sites or inside of buildings
- Work with OSP Project Manager's to perform fusion splicing as directed
- Read design maps, fiber schematics and basic electronic designs
- Operate aerial lift and other related equipment to perform job functions
- Required to be on-call for emergency restoration
- Frequently communicate with management on workload status
- May occasionally perform routine construction work such as pulling rope/cables, climbing ladders, using hand tools, digging with a shovel, etc.
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (ie timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Responsible for assigned company vehicle, tools, materials and equipment
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Fiber Splicer Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience splicing all types of fiber optic cables
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a bucket truck at heights in excess of 30-40 ft.
- Proficiency using related splicing equipment including fusion splicers, OTDR, optical power meters, fiber identifiers and all related splicing tools
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Experience reading design maps, fiber schematics and basic electronic designs
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be detailed oriented
- Must be able to occasionally move materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Ashley at 615.212.8687.