Fiber Splicing Foreman
TelForce Group is looking for a Fiber Splicing Foreman in the Naperville, IL area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
Fiber Splicing Foreman Description:
- Supervise and manage crew of Fiber Optic Technicians
- Install, troubleshoot, splice, and mid-sheath and repair Fiber Optic Cable
- Interface with customers to assess, identify, correct, repair and test connections
- Test Fiber Optic Cables using a Power Meter and optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) as well as having the ability to read OTDR traces to identify events and loss.
- Aerial experience of dressing, lashing, and “snow shoeing” Fiber Optic Cable
- Review installation work orders, design, and components
- Ensures appropriate safety protocol is understood and followed including but not limited to the use of Job Safety Analysis, Job Site Hazards, Vehicle safety protocol, PPE inspections, Traffic Control and other procedures to protect self, employees, customers and the public.
- Supervise, manage, and direct crews made up of Apprentices, Splice Technicians, and Journeymen on job sites to include sub-contractors and/or additional assisting crews.
- Quality Control of field operations and performance reviews
- Ensuring and implementing strong practices of documentation of work performed to include timelines, details, splice records, pictures, etc.
- Communicates status updates to leadership and, when required, customers in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Tracks materials and inventory and identifying needs
- Effectively prioritizes demand maintenance issues and planned project activities
- Maintains tracking detail for maintenance for equipment, generators, vehicles, and trailers
- Reviews timesheets for the splicing team to ensure accuracy, timeliness of completion, and provides final approval.
- Organizes and plans resources and schedules accordingly to ensure proper distribution of the workload.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Fiber Splicing Foreman Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of management/project management/general foreman experience
- Proven track record leading field construction/project teams to successful outcomes
- Technical training or experience a plus
- Class C license is preferred in order to drive and operate a bucket truck.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. All resumes submitted to TelForce will become the property of TelForce and shall have the right to display to a third party or in our database for consumption. Call Taylor at 602.907.3098.